The Grand Adventure

10 May 2006

A Small Pre-adventure


Yeah, so I wasn't supposed to start writing until i left for my adventure...but i think this warrants retelling for my own memory and piece of mind.

So i went to miami with my sister, and her roomate from Hungary. They went to a belly-dancing workshop and i just tagged along for the ride. Anyway, i ditched them, and drove to Coconut Grove where i ditched my the car and walked around a bit. THEN i decided that i wanted to go to South Beach via Miami's incredible public transit system. After being asked for money three times and telling my "sob story" about how my sister stranded me to a guy, i found my way on a bus leading to the metro-rail.

After i figured out how to get through the gate at the metro-rail i ended up in Downtown Miami...and Little Havana, and i decided that i only wanted to stay downtown, and not go to South Beach. So, i made my way to the bay, sat down and ate lunch. And in the true Miami spirit took an hour siesta at the bay.

After some more walking and a 45 minute bus ride that actually took about 1.5hrs, i made it back to my car and then back to my sister and we headed back to Coconut Grove. We walked along the Marinas and i found $400 which i directed my sister to give back to the prick that dropped it... the f*cker didn't even say "thank you." He didn't even need the money anyway, i should have kept it.

After some more driving, we ended up on calle ocho trying to go to a good Vietnamese restaurant called Vy Hoang, but we ended up at Cafe Versailles across the street - eating a meal that made all three of us sick. Then, finally we drove to South Beach where we coundn't find parking and my sister got super pissed, and we just went home. We probably could have found something if i was driving but i can't see at night...i have since been prescibed glasses to rectify the problem.

The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home