The Grand Adventure

14 May 2006

波士顿 - beantown

This is officially the last update before my adventure begins! I kind of wish i had done a little more planning.

Anyway, I went in to Boston yesterday becuase all the relatives i came to visit were working all day, with the exceptions of my two little cousins. As usual, i had quite an interesteing city excursion. starting and ending at the wollaston T stop in Quincy.

First i went to the metrorock rock gym in everett, and got my last climbing in before the trip. It was a blast. I met three really cool climbers - one of which had been climbing for more the 35 years - and i got all sorts of little tips for lead climbing. I climbed for like 3.5 hrs and finished up leading a 5.10b. Not necessarly that hard, but to date that makes the hardest lead route i've ever done. The only thing that sucked was that i didn't take any nice falls... after all, what's a good day climbing without anything less than a 12M free fall??

Then it was on to meet some high school friends at Harvard. Yes, i now feel smarter just from having been there. All i will say about this is that great company makes for a great day, and the world is such a damn-tiny place.

A good crêpe dinner, hours of more good conversation in Brookline, and a chugged beer in Allston later, i was off and running (literally running... for the second time that eveing to catch the T back to wollaston. Where, to my surprise i had to wait 30 more minutes for my uncle to pick me up because he was still updating the computer systems at work. My timing was just a hair off, and i paid dearly waiting outside the closed station in Boston's beautiful weather...please refer to the sateliite image below.

I am sure i have forgotten things, but deal with it, i have.

And finally, I would like to thank everyone for an awesomely enjoyable second-to-last day in the U.S.!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home