The Grand Adventure

06 October 2006

A flashback to Beijing




I went to Beijjing...more than a month ago...

After i left Hangzhou i hoped on my least favorite mode of transportaion again and headed to Beijing, with a quick stop in Shanghai to visit some folks along the way. MY trip was pretty nice, aside from Beijing's pollution. Danlu, one of my highschool/college friends has an aunt in Beijing, so she met me at the train station and helped me find my way around and treated me way too many times to lunch and dinner. I don't know what i would have done in Beijing without her showing me around and/or telling me the best sites to see.

Basically i did what i do in every city i vist...i walk around aimlessly and find interesting stuff (sometimes). But this time i did hit up most of the available tourist attrations, even though nearly everything is under restoration in preparation for the 2008 olympic games. In all i visited a couple public parks, including beihai,houhai, and xiangshan parks(北海,后海,香山)
and also hit up Tian'an Men (天安门) the Forbidden City (故宫) the Ming Tombs (明十三陵) and of course...the Great Wall (“不到长城非好汉”)But, I didn't make it the the temple(天坛), or the Summer Palace (听说颐和园所有的好看得东西都在修啦!我就决定了下一次我可以去看看) but i have an awesome picture painted Danlu's granpa of Tiantan.

That pretty much covers my trip to Beijing, not terribly exciting (minus the intentionally unmentioned dent put in my wallet my a teahouse scam...sorry it hurts to bring it up, maybe i'll explain some other time). And then from Beijing it was on to Changchun to Jilin University, where i am now (吉林省长春市吉林大学南校园)...

look for more posts soon, my boredom, means your entertainment, i hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home