The Grand Adventure

02 August 2006

Hangzhou

So i got to Hangzhou and started school safe and sound. Ihad some crazy travels on the way, got really sick twice, and had some great experiences STANDING on long train rides...but it was all good fun. I saw some great places and met some awesome people, but now i am only doing weekend trips from Hangzhou, until i head up north for school that is. I plan to hit up a few places along the way, although i'm not sure where yet.

Back to Hangzhou. The school is pretty good, the dorm is nice, and the people are cool...but i hate school :) I always hate school. Studying chinese 24/7 is hard. i still can't speak for Sh*t. We cover as much material in a one day here as we do back home in a week! it's that crazy! Plus... we're not allowed to speak English...anywhere. We can type in english, and listen to english music through headphones, but that's it. No speaking English! AAAHHH!! Sadly, i think it's not too bad, i feel bad for all the poor chinese people that have to try to understand my incredible poor chinese though. :)

Oh yeah, and my roomate is pretty cool, although he reminds me a bit of my frehmen year roomy... loves to play on the computer...all day long...all day damn it...all freaking day!!

My next door neighbors are cool too.

And one final thought, the teaching situation is so stange i think. Ihave never been in the situation where the teachers are so friendly with the students out of class. In class they are very strict, but as soon as class ends, it's like there old friends...it's pretty cool.

Enjoy, for now.

Byebye

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Blogger Grant Lian said…

    By your freshman roomy, do you happen to mean Ed? Or maybe not... =P

     
  • At Saturday, 09 September, 2006, Blogger Ed said…

    dubbleyu tee eff mang! Why haven't I heard about you're blog?! 4 months!! No time to read yet though, gotta go to class.

    ed.

     
  • At Saturday, 09 September, 2006, Blogger Ed said…

    Nevermind, I DID have time to read it all. Man, your trip sounds friggin AMAZING, I wish I could go out and do something like that.

    Grant, I didn't play games when I was his roomy. We did horse stances...

    Brian, hope your adventure stays exciting, if not MORE exciting. I'm sure your Chinese is gonna kick my arse when you get back >.<

    Anyway, KIT man. Talk to you later, and keep posting!

    ed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home