The Grand Adventure

21 May 2006

Ha Long Bay +


This is the Ha Long Bay update. So i packed it up and headed out to Ha Long for a 2 day 1 night excursion. It was so beautiful. There are such great rock formations, and if you're in the right spot, the water is actually clean enough (and warm enough).



Basically, you go on like this 3 hour boat ride where they feed you crappy "Vietnamese" food for tourists. Then you do some kayaking, and swimming, and end up near Cat Ba island. Which is the vacation island for both tourists and vietnamese. I finally got to do some rock climbing!! Just some bouldering in Ha Long Bay. I would say i was climing on like a V3, and i have a witness and a nasty cut on my foot from the limestone to prove it!

I didn't actually go onto Cat Ba the island because i chose to sleep on the boat. The weather was great and i met tons of cool people. There was both a couple and a guy travelling by himself from Israel, that were so funny. The couple actually picked me out as being Jewish...it's like they could smell me or something, they said i looked like an Israeli native.

It was nice to get out of the city for a day, even though I did get a little ill/tired on the boat ride back because i was riding up top in the sun.



So that's it for Ha Long. I have some great pictures, but i am too lazy to upload as of yet.

NEXT SUBJECT:) I met this awesome IT guy from Singapore, through a person i met on the boat ride to/from Ha Long. Now i am gonna have to make some plans to hit up Singapore sometime soon. And i am heading out to Hoi An in about three hours. I hear great things about the place. And i have decided i will continue to travel south until i A. get sick of my new travel companions or B. it gets close my departure date. I wonder if i can make it to Ho Chi Minh city.....

Anyway, back to packing my bags and off to the "water puppet" show??? Enjoy!

...pic of Jeremy packing :(


I appologize for any spelling/grammar errors in this blog, any previous blogs, and all future blogs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home