The Grand Adventure

31 May 2006

It's been a while...

So i am really lazy when it comes to updating, what are you gonna do about it???

I am now sitting in a nice internet cafe in Singapore, but i first must attempt to recount my last days in Vietnam....blkjlfddjfnsjkd(travelling back in time....)

I travelled down to Hoi An, a really nice beach town - with lots of good food - with the two people that i met. I t was such a great stay. I went to the beach and was watching some locals fish, when the beckoned me over...little did i know what they wanted. FREE LABOR!! SO i helped them bring in the nets and go set them again before i left their service (about an hour or two later). They tried to shove some of there catch in my pocket as payment, but i politley declined and went on my way. I didn't get too far before i started to help some 12 year old kid catch crabs on the beach. I wasn't quite as successful as he was but it was still fun. That was about the best experience that i have had so far, a well desereved moring of WORK!

Let's see, after that, one of the two (John)departed, and went back to Han Oi. The other one (Amber, and I, both left Hoi An and continued Southward, after a quick stop in Nha Trang for some awesome food...and a lame one night stay in Mui Ne (don't go, it's boring with no good food), i found myself in Saigon. WHat an interesting place. It was a nice mix of western and eastern. what's more is that there was such a variety of cheap and amazing food. MMMMM

Intermission: Strange Food
So far i have had... Coagulated pig's blood
a duck egg with a almost fully formed baby duck..i have pictures
Spare parts gruel: pig's heart, liver, kidney, intestine etc mmm

Sinagpore
Okay a quick update on Singapore, then i'm outty. It's not bad, but i liked Vietnam better. There is lots of shopping and food, but i am not a shopper, and most of the food is fast food. DOn't get me wrong, there's good food to be had, but you have to look for it (unlike in Vietname where it is on every street coner and allyway). If you can't already tell, food and culture motivate me more than anything.

SO i have seen many sights here, lots of shopping places and the botanical gardens... thank you Eva for the suggestion, it was very very nice and relaxing. OOOHHH and i wen to Little India for dinner and had some amazing SPICY indian food (can't remember the name, sorry) that i got to eat with my hands and everything. My kind of meal!!

Let me just finish by saying, i think singapore is a little too motivated by money, but maybe i just need to experience a little more, the next few days will tell. AND I promise pictures will come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home